Sunday, September 06, 2009

Best Daddy


The best daddies are the ones that take you for walks

Down the street with a smile on your face
With an ice cream in your hand

And a sprinkle on your chin...



Today me and the daddy went on a date.
We drove all the way to Scottsdale (a 1hr drive) to go to the swanky mall and pretend we were swanky too :) We listened to The Kooks and rocked out in the Volvo, we drove through the Phoenician (which was so ridiculously exclusive, it was almost comical), walked around the mall and looked at Jimmy Choos, ate some delish food at The Yard House, then drove all the way home with some 'She Moves in Her Own Way'...fabulous day.

Only my dad can make a girl feel truly special, I'm sure of it.
Even if we didn't buy anything nice or expensive, and even though we weren't technically checking in at that fancy hotel, and even though we parked in free parking instead of letting the valet drive our car around, it was one of the best days ever.

The Yard House was uhh-mazing. I had mac'n'cheese that was to DIE for. It had apple bacon, wild mushrooms, chicken, and some funky shaped noodles. Oh. My god. Yeah, let's just say the leftovers are now in the fridge with my name and 'please do not eat' sharpied in big bold letters across the top. Simply scrumptulescent.

And to top it all off, I found an awesome charcoal grey sweater (that is soo soft) at Urban Outfitters to take with me to New Hampshire. Now I'll be uber cozy in my new home.

Perfect.



*me and pops*

1 comment:

Lynda Meyers said...

I can't believe no one commented on this post! What a great pic of you and your daddy, the fact that you honor him with such kind words is a beautiful picture of your relationship.

Great job~

Glad you had fun!