Monday, August 24, 2009

It's Allll About Perspective, People...


Con's

I'm sick...with some sort of mild-ish cold that makes my eyes water, my nose run, and my body tiredddff

I've eaten more than a horse in the last few days

I have to work tonight even though I'm sick

My last little yoga class to teach is this Thursday...*tear

My last dinner with my family before I move away is Tuesday September 8th.

I have to drive 9 hours to take Jess back to school in a few days...I hate travelling.

I have to take a bus from Boston to New London, New Hampshire and I hate riding buses.

I'm almost done with my book which is awesome, but at the same time I know I will be sad to finish it because that gives me one less thing to procrastinate sleeping at night... :)

I have a cold

I'm sick

And I hate being sick.


Pro's

My family is all here - My grandparents from New Jersey, my sister from California, my bros, my parents, my two cute puppies, my other grandma, and me. I LOVE having a full house.

Yes, I've eaten way too much in the last few days, but oh boy was it worth it...You'd be a fool not to try mama's eggplant parmasan. I mean, come on! Mama mia!!

I'm sick, but not as sick as last time. So I count that as a pro.

Yes, I have to work tonight but I'm making moneyyyys!! That's always a pro, right??

No no, I GET to take a bus from Boston to New London because walking a hundred miles with 50 pounds worth of luggage would be much much worse :)

My last little yoga class to teach is this Thursday, but now instead of running around with a bunch of 2-5 year olds for a half hour, I will have a BILLION more times energy on Mondays and Thursdays to devote to other important things...like...working out. Hmm, don't think that one will happen. Oh well, it's a PRO! (honestly, either way I will miss it...i love my little two year olds :)

I also GET to drive Jessica back to school with my mom because we always make road trips loads of fun...Every single time. Always fun. Pringles, loud country music, the wind in our hair, a clunky old suburban that has the constant potential to break down on the side of whatever road you're traveling on, lots of picture ops, and hilarious stories. GOOD. times.




Now you see? It's all about your perspective in life. I was thinking about this last night - about how negative I can be sometimes. I catch myself focusing on all the bad without seeing the upside of things. It makes me mad. SO, I could choose to be the glass half empty kind of gal and see life for what it isn't, or I could flip my eggs to sunny side up and realize how great my life truly is. I think I'll choose the latter.

2 comments:

The Sophisticated Country Girl said...

I agree with you.. That is what I love about blogging. If I choose to blog about the positive things in my life, it helps me to "focus" more on the positive things...while I'm always looking for soemthing new to blog about. Best wishes with your move.

Lynda Meyers said...

Flipping your eggs to sunny side up - great analogy!!

Have fun and enjoy all the "new" things in your life!