Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Winds of Change

It is strange to think I've been away for so long
But when I walk outside it feels as though I never left it
The earth speaks to me like it always did before
Strange familiarity and sweet rememberance

As I walk and look and pray,
I can't help but feel the difference in the spirit
Like my time here is up, I've run out of things to connect to
I remember it as it once was, but it is slightly different now...

The distance, the same
The smell
The colors
The real world feeling...it never lost its' meaning to me.

But somehow, the land has finished with me.
It doesn't need me anymore, doesn't call anymore.
I no longer feel that magnetic pull inward and outward
It's more of a dull memory.

But those sweet, tempting memories go way back in time;
Pulling on my heart strings until they feel ready to burst
I can't keep doing this to myself,
This remembering.

It hurts and it burns...the vague sense of overall peace that once was,
It is no more.

I will always love you, but for you I am mere vapor
Blown away swiftly in the winds of change..

And swift, it was.

4 comments:

Nadine said...

Lovely JoJo.

Lynda Meyers said...

All I can say is I understand. I totally get it.

Fantastic insight.

Thanks.

Jessica said...

Jourdan. This is BRILLIANT poetry. I'm not even kidding. I want this one. I don't know how I will get it.. framed maybe? I don't know... but it is TRULY a work of art. You have a gift my darling.

=)

love,
jess

Jessica said...

Jourdan. This is BRILLIANT poetry. I'm not even kidding. I want this one. I don't know how I will get it.. framed maybe? I don't know... but it is TRULY a work of art. You have a gift my darling.

=)

love,
jess