Thursday, September 03, 2009

Autumn Air & Spiced Cider Cups

(me and my sis)

It's a season of magic...a time of wishes and dreams...


Autumn wishes begin around September, when the air gets all crispy and so do the leaves...when you start hoping for that blissfully chilly air to invade your summery solace. That tingle-nose feeling when you breathe too much in - an overdose of oxygen. When you start to crave a mug of hot spiced cider...that's when the Autumn wishes start.

I wish I could feel those crunchy leaves under my toes, bare footed and all.

No shoes in the tangy air, just the colorful ground and my rolled up jeans.

I love not knowing if that squishy cold thing was a slug or just a water droplet...oh well. I'll find out later. I love wearing warm snuggly clothes and leaving the warm snuggly house to indulge in a greater kind of creation - His. Just to venture out into the unknown,

a field somewhere you didn't know existed, or a quaint little run-down cottage full of forgotten memories. You can find all sorts of little gems if you just take a walk and look. What's even more fun is when you take a walk and look with your spiritual eyes. You should try it sometime...A spirit focus vs. a soul focus. Watching out for the cool stuff God's doing in your everyday life.

I think everything is more beautiful in the fall...

Hills and plains,
Houses and chimneys,
Overgrown paths and tree lined roads,
Whimsical girls and conquering men...

Everything looks rosy through rose colored glasses, and everything looks magical in the most magical season of all.

3 comments:

The Sophisticated Country Girl said...

Loved this post! ...and the picture is beautiful. You are a very inspirational writer. Fall is my favorite time of the year as well and I don't think I could have found a better way to word than you did.

Lynda Meyers said...

Fantastic description of my absolute favorite time of year.

I wish I could smell the east coast fall that you're about to experience... Bon chance mon cheri!

Jessica said...

Fall is my favorite too. =)