Friday, April 17, 2009

Tis the Season...for FAIRS!!




oh my gosh oh my gosh...it's official. My dad is taking me and my brothers to the Maricopa county fair in Phoenix!!! I am so excited. No, you don't understand - i probably love fairs more than any other corn dog lovin cowboy hat wearin hobo...you see, I kind of grew up on county fairs.

When I was all into horses and whatnot, I would go to the fair every year to show them off and get lots of pretty ribbons and fancy trophies to put on my wall. Even before I HAD horses I would go to the fair just to watch my friends compete. I would cheer them on, help them brush down their prize ponies, and get on and ride when the judges weren't looking ;) I tell ya, it was absolutely the best week of the year. Sometimes we would hop on one of those rusty trolleys and ride them into the real fairgrounds to see all the festivities..stand up comedians, hypnotists, and a bunch of little girls frolicking around in pink tutus showing their parents that they really did learn something in the local ballet studio (even if it is absolutely painful to watch).

I went to that SAME fair like four consecutive times and it never ever got old.

Oh and the rides!! Ohhh the rides...I love rollercoasters, ferris wheels, and bumper cars. It's just a recipe for success. I mean, you have tons of sugar, people to watch, things to buy, henna tattoo booths, the RODEO, elephant ears, and crazy flashing lights. What could be better??

Whenever I walk into the fairgrounds I get this warm fuzzy fun feeling. I don't know how else to describe it! It's like the adrenaline rush you get from dropping 80 feet on a rollercoaster - you can't stop smiling and you know your face looks hilarious so you hope and pray the person next to you doesn't glance your way :) I love that.

Well I'm off to the fair, I love you all and wish you could be here with me!! Blessings and love,

Jourdan

2 comments:

Emancipation of the Freed said...

Hope you had a great time!
Any dream booths?
Z

Jourdan said...

No :) just psychic places...and cotton candy, lots of cotton candy!!! Oh and a shark tank! They had this traveling booth with all sorts of sharks swimming around in it. It was glass so you could see them up close. Pretty cool, actually..but no dream booths. We will just have to make one!