Thursday, April 09, 2009

What I've been doing lately...

Why hello all!

I have officially started blogging again, and let me tell you it has been so refreshing for me. I love being able to share my thoughts with the random blog world. So as you all know, I recently moved to Arizona and I am loving it so much! The house is pretty much in shambles with clutter and misplaced things all over its horizontal surfaces. So much "stuff" without a home. Hopefully this weekend will prove successful in getting it all cleaned up. My room is almost finished; my bed is all put together and my closet is full of all my clothes...yes, there were a TON to put away. You don't really realize how much junk you have until you move! Seriously, I threw away so much stuff from my room, I even gave away a bunch of my clothes to my little cousin Kaylee and still! I had a minimum of 7 boxes to unload into my little 12 by 12 bedroom. And that's nothing compared to how much has gone into this massive house. I'm guessing this place is probably about 1000 square feet bigger than our last place and it seems like there isn't enough space for all our stuff! I think it's just because there isn't a place for everything. It kind of looks like an old antique store in here with all the random furniture scattered around!

I do love this kitchen, though. We've made so many delicious meals in here already, it's gotten truly broken in! Momma made creme brule this afternoon and we are going to bring it to 'Grazie' tonight for Friday night dinner :) Okay, so Friday night dinner has become somewhat of a tradition around here. My parents happened to meet a few awesome people who love to drink wine at the authentic Italian restaurant here in Verrado, and what do you know...Friday night drinks at Grazie became quite popular! The last time us kids came to visit, we went to Grazie for the first time and loved it. Franco (the very Italian owner) came out and did the "Heyyy! Howa you doin??!" with the hand motions and everything. He makes special canoles for mom with no chocolate chips just for her :) We are already like family! So anyways, today is Friday and undeniably we will be having canoles at Pizzeria Grazie tonight. I can't wait!

I have gotten sunburned more times than I can remember already and we've only been here for a week! I think I have a perpetual collarbone burn goin' on. I have faithfully loved that lawn chair on the left of the lap pool and what has it given me in return? Nothing but pain. So there you go, I am not so lucky in love these days...I've gotten burned every time. I think I will trade in my pain for a few luxurious hours of sun beams on my face though. Lawn chair, you will not scare me away!

Pretty sure I love summer, but I will definitely miss the gorgeous winter days in Tri Cities. I love wearing sweaters and boots while walking with a good friend through the leaves or unsuccessfully throwing snowballs at someone three feet away. The big maple trees, the flowing river, the house with so many memories in it. Yes, these things I will miss but God has given me so many other things to be thankful for. I will always love what I had in Washington but I am SURE that He has greater things for me here.

Blessings to all you people I love so much,
XOXO
jourdan

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Love your descriptions and the way you see life... You rock~

a woman who is said...

Thanks for stopping by J with your lovely comments. Sounds all together wonderful for you and the family… especially the Grazie's part. Not fair, both you guys and the Z's with real pizza at your beck and call.

One thing is lacking here...PICTURES! I want to see all this wonderfulness you are describing. Say hello to all your family for me! Blessings to all on your new adventures in Arizona.

Jourdan said...

i will get some pictures up soon enough :) gotta get the house in order first!! I actually just took some of the courtyard outside so i'll put those up as soon as they're on my computer. I'll do a whole post dedicated to the pics of the house!