Thursday, July 09, 2009

Tingling Feeling

I get this weird tingling feeling in my heart before I write. It's like a little sign telling me I'm supposed to write something down. Is that random?? Sometimes it feels like I can't hold in all the emotions welling up inside of me; sometimes it feels like I might cry. It is such a good feeling when I finally write it all down, like I'm releasing all the pressure. Like it is just overflowing onto the computer screen.

I feel so relieved after writing that I've learned to recognize that tingling feeling. Sometimes I think it is a spiritual experience from God...a little warning telling me to get to a keyboard fast to jot it all down!!

I wish I could actually describe it to you, but it's so random I just don't even know how.



Overflowing...

Powerful
...

Desperate...



Then relief.

Weird? Maybe. But I don't care...I think it's a "God thing" and I'm willing to be weird for Him :)

3 comments:

Bella Della said...

I think it's wonderful and very spiritual. Writing is an amazing gift in so many ways.

Jessica said...

"i'm willing to be weird for him"

=D

so good.

Lynda Meyers said...

I don't think it's weird at all. Then again, I am a writer. I know all too well that feeling of emotional constipation that happens if I DON'T write it down!

And so I do. But not nearly as often as I should. I need to recognize my own "tingling" feelings and obey them. Thanks for that reminder!!