Thursday, June 04, 2009

Post-It Mania


I swear I would die without those little adhesive-backed pieces of paper. Or at least get miserably disoriented and a bit wacky. My computer looks almost like that one up there.

I would take a picture of it to show you all, but the camera is STILL not found. I have absolutely no idea where it could have gone! Anyways, you should really see it; a plethora of scattered pink and yellow post it notes with scribbled to-do's. all. over. my computer monitor. My life and schedule is one big post-it note.

It's the only way I stay sane.

I swear, if I ran out of post-it notes, to-do lists, or really paper of any kind I would go utterly bonkers. My LIFE is on those post-it notes.

"Work today from 7:30 to 1:00, Razmataz @ 10, Fit Kids @ 4pm"

"Explore vegetarianism"

"Do laundry tonight!!! Do it, Jourdan! Doooo it! Seriously. Just do it."

"Don't forget to be home for the dinner guests at 6:30"

"Drink water today. Remember what happened last time you didn't??"

"Buy more post-it notes. Maybe with some cute little designs on them."

That's right, really spice up your life. Get a doodely post it note.
Wow, I have fallen oh so far...

How will I get back up again? The cliff is so so high! Work, work, work, school, eat, school, exercise, blog, call this person, email that person, do laundry, wipe the snot off your work shirt - "eeew, germs!"

I think I've gotten into a much deeper hole than I first imagined. But surprisingly, I'm handling these big life changes with finesse and flexibility. I could be a ballerina, I'm so flexible. Oh wait, I sort of am.

How do I do it? I listen to music to rewind, or go for runs at night. Ahh, relaxation. Here, do yourselves a favor and listen to some of my favorites...they may not be of your personal taste, but then, isn't that the fun of it? You just gotta explore other pathways, or you'll never change :) Don't worry, they aren't of that uncreative rap genre (for all you people over fifty...or forty...hehe). Most of it doesn't really have a genre, per se.

It's just good.

1- Emarosa - "The past should stay dead"
2- Mae - "The sun and the moon"
3- Cary Brothers - "Honestly" OOOOOH this one is SOO good. mm, love it.
4- Wilco - "Either way" this one will totally put you in a happy mood no matter what..
5- Sigur Ros - "Saeglopur" now this is a little on the weirder side, but i like it :)
6- The Kooks - "She moves in her own way" Okay, you just HAVE to listen to this song, it is one of my favorites of all time because, well, it's just awesome. I'm giving nothing away.

All right, well I think that those pretty much cover it for now. I am surprisingly ahead of schedule today, what with my finishing school before six pm...so I am off to help my momma in the kitchen. We have some dinner guests tonight and we are making salmon, chicken on the barbie (lol), and boiled red potatoes. The dessert will be fabulous; I got the recipe from Proud Italian Cook who never fails to astound me with creativeness. I am so excited to try this!! It's called 'roasted peaches with amaretto ricotta'. You will be amazed.

I will leave you with that savory peace of goodness to chew on...have a wonderful day!

XOXO
Jourdan

4 comments:

Nadine said...

Post it notes are cool - sounds like you're very busy. Remember to breathe too. :)

Have fun with dinner - it sounds yummy.

Optimistic Pessimist said...

Maybe I should start writing post-it notes to remind myself to do laundry. I'm seriously slacking in that department.

The Blissfully Happy Housewife said...

Oh girl....I am SOOOOO addicted to post it notes. I was a teacher for 10 years and my poor students even knew my addiction. If they wanted me to remember ANYTHING they would always say, "I'll stick a post note on your desk!!!" Love it.

Thanks for stopping by my blog! Have a beautiful day my friend!

Jamie

Unknown said...

Dinner was awesome!! Tell your family I said thanks. Great blog


Trev