Friday, June 26, 2009

My Coaster Life

Like those fateful words of Cameron Diaz, life is like a rollercoaster..."it goes UP, and back down...then it goes UP, and back down. See? See? Upppp, and back dowwwwn."



I love riding the rollercoaster of life - the thrill is amazing, but right now I just want to get off the ride for a while. You can only ride the coasters so long before the mellow dumbo ride and cotton candy calls your name. It doesn't take long either - two or three coaster rides, and I'm ready for the bench. Gimme a bench...anywhere!

And so, here I am, still stuck on this coaster with my fingers fearfully gripping the rubber handle in front of me - I can't see a thing. We're going too fast... I can't even see where I'm going! Is that a turn coming up?? Wait, it's another drop...AAAHHH! I'm wee-ing and laughing and crying all at the same time.

My life has been so crazy and I apologize for not posting about it sooner. I've just been unbelievably busy. Busy, and stressed out for the most part. Just when life seems to give me a break, something else comes up and steals my attention from the tv screen. I just want to watch 5 MINUTES! Five measely minutes of my show!

But no, ol' life has its' way with me and here I am again on this rollercoaster ride. I'm locked in.

Will it ever stop?

2 comments:

2sweetnsaxy said...

I completely feel you about the roller coaster ride of life. Here's to sitting it out to catch your breath for a minute. :-)

Lynda Meyers said...

Amen.