Sunday, May 31, 2009

Ballet, Little Kiddies, and a very tired Miss Jourdan


This coming week is going to be hell for me. Hell in a good way...maybe. It all depends on so many things that i just can't even go into it all right now. But this I will tell you:

I start teaching 'Razmataz Yoga' for kids ages 2-5 at the club tomorrow morning at ten.

I've never ever taught a yoga class. Ever! I took a class once last year, but that's about it. Good thing those little three year olds don't care if you're yoga teaching certified or if you can do the lotus pose. Good, cuz I can't.

Much running around, making moo noises, and sitting criss cross applesauce will occur.

I also am working tomorrow from 7:30 to 1:00 and somehow this fact didn't even cross my employer's mind. So I'm working at the club, then leaving real fast to teach a class down the hall, then coming back to finish off work till the afternoon. Phew! And this will most likely be the pattern for the rest of the week too...

I will be teaching Razmataz Yoga, Fit Kids (ages 6-11 fitness class), and Ballet each two times a week.

I get TWO ballet classes; one for ages 2-5, and one for ages 6-11! I am SOOOO excited. I love ballet, and little kids running around in leotards and tight buns (hair, not bums buns). This class is going to be a blast. I got together all my music today, and am currently putting together lesson plans and whatnot. Did I say I was excited?

I still have to do laundry tonight if I want to have a clean outfit for tomorrow. Did I mention it's already eleven? My work shirt is dirty. Like, some kid in kids club spit up all over it and it still smells like barf. I'm thinking the sacrifice of staying up a little later to finish laundry is worth not smelling like a dead fish.

I attempted at putting together a lesson plan for yoga tomorrow, and I really really hope it's not too complicated for the kids. Lots of games and animal mimicking; can't be too hard right?

We shall see.

So I am off to the washer and dryer with high hopes of erasing the pukey smell from my one and only work shirt. I really need to get another one of those :)


***I still haven't recovered the mystery of the missing camera...I promise I will put up pics as soon as it is found! Pray that I find it, would ya?***

While you're at it, pray that I get some sleep tonight and my class doesn't go haywire tomorrow. Thanks.

Loves to you all!

Jourdan

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Yay!! Kiddies! Ballet! Animal mimicking!! Sounds like great fun and makes me want to come and play!

But alas, Erica will be kicking my butt into shape and then I shall undoubtedly fall down exhausted into a heap of tiredness myself!

I will pray!!

Danni said...

Ooohhh...would so love for you teach my kiddies ballet - you are going to be amazing and every little one in there will be in love with you! Have a great day!

Jessica said...

mmmm! exciting!! I am SO Stoked for you Miss JOURDAN!!!

LOVE YOUUUUUU,
- Jessica

Penny said...

Oh no, lol!!! Hope everything went well yesterday!

Nadine said...

Teaching ballet - what fun and what blessed children they are to have you be their teacher.