Saturday, May 30, 2009

I'm Back!


This trip can easily be described:

The MOST fun I've ever had in my life.

Yeah, it was that great. It was so nice to be able to let loose for a while and just have a good time. I met all of my sister's friends and they quickly became my friends as well. We went to the beach, we went to The Grad for line dancing (I snuck in - apparently I look at least 18), we got to see Josh Gracin perform an acoustic live performance outside on campus (which was mind blowingly awesome), we drank all the Starbucks you could possibly imagine and then some, we shared a living space so close we could hear eachother breathing at night, and had an overall amazing adventurous time.

I even went to a few of my sisters' classes with her, which was butt numbingly boring but produced some very interesting doodles. One was of a whole living room setup with furniture...random!

I met so many people, I can't even recall half of their names or faces.

I had my first public shower experience. AWKWARD!

I learned the electric slide - now I will be able to whip out my mad electric slide skills at weddings and dances. Nice. Always wanted to do that :)

I realized that hoodies really aren't that bad...I haven't worn a hoodie for yeeeears, but it's all the rage in college, it was basically a requirement for the soccer game. Warm, cozy, and cute! Who knew??

I ate college food. Two words - brokli wokli. A steamable bag of broccoli you can put straight in the microwave and then melt cheese over and eat. Not bad!

I went to the farmers market with momma in downtown San Luis Obispo which was also awesome. We got the best lentil soup and walked around for a while. What character that city has.

I was THIS close to Josh Gracin. Like he was literally twenty feet away. I'm no crazy fan like so many college age girls are, but he is just so adorable!! How could you not like him?? He did this awesome set with all my favorite songs and an acoustic guitar. Three guys - him, and two others on acoustic guitars and occasionally a mandolin looking thing.

I got a lot of the concert on camera.



I also lost the camera.



I know, I know...I hyped up the whole picture taking thing in my earlier post, but alas, it is nowhere to be found. Tragic! I am sooo sad about this. I took some great pics too! The beach, the girls, the beach, the sand, the mountains next to the beach..I mean, really great photos.

Okay okay, so I didn't take as many as I wanted to, but still! It was enough to give you all a taste of my trip. I even took special "blog" photos, like the crazy sign in front of the beach that said "don't touch marine wildlife; confirmed shark attack August 2003"

I wish I could share them all with you... *sad face*

I will post them as soon as I find the mysterious missing camera. Promise.

Alright, well i have quite a bit to do now that I'm back. Homework piled up, work stuff to figure out, and a loving family to catch up with.

Thanks so much for all your warm wishes!

XOXO

Jourdan

2 comments:

Blasé said...

about "twenty feet away". Probably close enough to smell his cologne and see the 'twinkle' in his eyes??

Well that REALLY sucks (i.e. losing camera that was suppose to show me some pics).

Glad you returned safe...welcome back to the Real World :)

2sweetnsaxy said...

I sure hope you find the camera. Glad you had such an amazing time. It did sound like fun. :-)