Monday, May 18, 2009

My Heart Runs Freely


the cold winter mornings
of crisp contentment
plays on my heart strings
like a jack frost tenant
the floor that you like
is topped with dew on its surface
its face grows dimension
when he's drinking in earnest
my feet long for love
can be found with a chill
the ground mixed with water
till the grass has its fill

i long for the day when mountains will greet me
the flowers look lively and the colors collide
each one with another till it marks a discovery
the sun rises over the peaks, so bright
i run to the tippy of tops to take flight
i can sing with the air
that rushes into my lungs
i take a deep deep breath
till i can't get enough
my eyes are so full of light love and color
that my ears take a moment to hear and discover
a world unseen by patterns and consequence
only love can endure here

here in this light fest...

running is nothing when your legs break free
from the chains of normalcy
the mountain air is so crisp and full of life
no words can describe
the life he has created
no tongue can explain the sheer beauty and kind
oh rocks hear my cry
oh rivers, my mind!
when you run into nature
it greets you with creativity
come into my gardens and inhale of the lilies
there is so much to do and to see!
cracks and caves to discover
waves of water to dance in

can you feel the light?
don't tell me you don't, i'll just tell you to try
try harder and harder
it won't be missed. you'll see it one day
you'll feel those fragrant lilies and laugh on the sunbeams
you'll cry like the waterfalls that won't be held back
it's like pressure that refuses to be stopped by a boulder..

i wish so hard that sometimes my heart crumbles
my eyes fill with tears, so hot and unsure
so unsteady and overflowing
the lightness of love just pushes them over

just try and compare it, you can't
just believe it.

5 comments:

a woman who is said...

I was in England for my 25th wedding anniversary 8 years ago :)

How are you doing sweetie? I miss your hugs and your desperate love for Jesus.

Jourdan said...

Ahhhh 8 YEARS ago!! It was a far away shot of the hubby after all :)

I'm doing well! Just getting used to life in a different place, a different house. We found a great church! That has been a big answer to prayer for me. Mom and I are painting every wall in the house...the universal tan color must go!

Lynda Meyers said...

Amazing poetry. Don't ever stop writing!

Bella Della said...

Hi there. Please forgive me for taking so long to come over and say hello. And what a pleasure to find your poetry. It's an old love of mine and I have not written in that way in so long. You are truly talented.

Hope you are having a great week and I promise to come back and visit!

Hugs,
Kim
BellaDella

Jessica said...

OH JOURDAN. This is so amazing.

I am so amazed. You got the Mom poetry gene. You are a lot like her..

in all really good ways. I love you extremely much and am so excited to see the woman you are turning into. iloveyousoooomuch.

kisses from your sister,
Jessica