Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Those weights are not your friend...







WOW, what a couple of days it has been...I just have to tell you this one little story :)

Okay so my mom and I have been dutifully going to a butt kickin' muscle-cardio class here in Verrado that has absolutely changed my life. It is the hardest thing I've ever done and I think I've "almost passed out" like five times already. It got so bad that I actually hyperventilated. No really!! And I'm not your typical work out "chicken" either...I love working out and I go for runs as often as I can. But this class is seriously kicking my butt. I mean, she's bringin out the steps, the pilates mats, the heavy weights, the small weights (only to be paired with the heavy weights to make even HEAVIER weights), the exercise balls, the techno music...Oh yeah, we're going allll out.

So the funny story goes a little something like this:

We're all workin out happily, yelling out our "whoo-hoo's" at all the right moments. All us girls, jumping around like morons in a sweaty haze of endorphin highs. Then the teacher tells us to go get our heavy weights and of course, I run to them with ferver. I love those heavy weights...*ahem...not. Anyways, as I go to pick up my 'heavies' I somehow find myself caught between my mom's five pounder and a wall. Fancy that. She forcefully lifts up her five pound weight just as my head is bowed over my own five pounders to pick them up off the floor. BAM! My head literally rings like a bell that just got smacked inside of my brain. A goose egg the size of...well, a goose egg...immediately swells up on the side of my forehead.

"OOOOWWCH!! Moooom! Why in the world would you do that??"

"Oh my gosh, oh my gosh, oh my gosh! Honey, I am SO sorry! I just didn't see ya there! Are you okay??"

"Umm, no??" *i lift my hand off the bulge on my forehead "Does it look okay to you?"

"Gasp! Oh my gosh!" ... silence ... "wow"

And now I'm thinking, "What, is my head sliced open with my brains pouring out for all the world to see? What's this "wow"??

Then I curiously peek in the mirror next to my face. Oh, my poor poor face. And yes, it was definitely worthy of the 'wow'. A two inch diameter circle had raised up over my right eyebrow making me look like Tom on Tom and Jerry when he gets smacked over the head with a frying pan. I had a permanent questioning look on my face because of my raised up eyebrow. No lie! The goose egg was literally a half inch off my face.

And keep in mind you all that this is all in complete public! All the girls are staring my direction feeling sad for me and especially sad for my mom who must feel just awful right now. Yeah, most people felt the greatest empathy towards my mother. Okay IM the one that got whacked full on in the head with a five pound weight people!!!

So long story short, I sat on the bathroom tile with an ice pack frozen to my forehead for twenty minutes, we couldn't finish the class, and my mom had to sign a form saying we wouldn't sue the gym or something. Yeah, some day huh?

I thought so.

Buuuut, I got to lay on the couch for the rest of the day watching Gilmore Girls and receiving free breakfast in bed. Or in couch, I suppose.

It was horribly...wonderful!!!

XOXO
Jourdan

3 comments:

Unknown said...

After that incredible mother's day post, I go and do something like THAT to her... wowza. Seriously a low point.

Love you Jo!!! So glad your face is normal again - I thought for sure I broke you!!

Nadine said...

At least your mom was sorry. I'm glad she didn't break you either.

I hope you milked all the sympathy you could get JoJo. I'm sending a virtual kiss for the big goose egg. I'm sorry you got hurt.

Knitting Mania said...

I've been enjoying visiting your blog this evening. Thanks for your visit and your comment regarding Danny btw. I know...wasn't he the best?

Hope your goose egg has gone down, my goodness, now that was a story! LOL

Ah yes "A Walk to Remember", I cried so hard, I thought I was going to pass out. My sis,(In a Garden) and I really like a good love story!