Tuesday, May 26, 2009

My Wonderful Babbling Qualities - are what you love most about me, i promise.

Alright, Alright, enough with the seriousness! Today I am having a wonderful morning, I woke up early (early, meaning 8:15), had some granola with yogurt, and am writing this cute little post. Most of the time, waking up early puts me in a little bit of a bad mood, but today I am feeling giddy! Sometimes this happens to me, I get in this weird funk where I actually want to wake up early and get a head start on my day. It doesn't happen often, but on that rare occasion that it does, I like to take advantage of it. I already started a load of wash!

See, tomorrow is a hopeful one for me. I am wishing and hoping and praying that all the bugs get worked out and me and my mom can go on our roadtrip to CALI! We were supposed to leave tomorrow and drive all of 8 hours to go visit my sister at Cal Poly in San Luis Obispo and stay with her until Saturday. I was so excited because:

One, Josh Gracin (an adorable and successful country singer that I am in love with) is performing at the college, outside on Thursday afternoon...and you know us girls, we looooove our country music. Especially when the singer is cute :)

Two, I would get to stay in my sister's dorm with her...How fun is that?? I'd probably be sleeping on the floor, considering you can actually see it! But still - it's bonding time. Two sisters and a random roommate crashing in a ten by twelve dorm room where snacks, flannel, and love abound. I am so stoked!

Three, I love my sister more than any other sister loves their sister and I can't wait to see her because she lives eight hours away and it's not often that I do get to see her. Phew!

Four, as my sister informed me a few days ago, there is a COLLEGE MEN'S SOCCER GAME on Friday night, also at the college, and let. me. tell. you. what. what? Us girls love our men's soccer!! Heck, my mother could've made it onto the US Women's Olympic team (if there is such a sort) in soccer if she wanted to. She's crazy good.

And five........all the wonderful things that ensue when you get a mother and a daughter to drive eight hours in a car non-stop. No seriously! Me and my mom have a history of successful dead boring long road trips. We do good. Last time we did it was from our old house in Washington to San Luis Obispo California to drop of Jess at school. Now THAT is a dead boring long road trip. But we made the best of it with In'n'out burgers and classic road trip tunes. I told you, we have fun!!

So all of these things are what make me super super duper excited for this all out girl trip. It's like Lorelei sleeping over in Rory's dorm on her first night of college - giggling girls, take-out, and a generational gap that no one seems to notice, or care about.

There are just a few things that are keeping us from jumping in the car RIGHT NOW and zooming over there. (We already changed the brake pads on the car, what more needs to get done????) A few things, let me tell ya.

But I won't tell ya. It's boring.

I just hope everything works out for the best and we get our Josh Gracin, giggling girls, and college soccer game this weekend!!!




Me and my sister way back when i had long blond hair and braces and, well, she still looked cute. Unbelievable.





Peace and love to you all,
XOXO
Jourdan

2 comments:

Nadine said...

You two girls are so cute. I hope it all works out for you.

Bella Della said...

Gosh, you have me all excited too! I hope it all comes together!