Sunday, May 03, 2009

The Only



Tears of loneliness swept over me,
I cannot forget the one I once cared for.
My heart shouts from the tallest cliff:
"Show me!"

My crying out seems not to be heard,
I cannot find another word.


Show me the path that leads to great mercy.
Be near to me now,
For not even words can explain.

You are the only one who knows my heart,
My lovely, my only...my One True Love.

Cramming words into music simply will not do,
My feelings of joy, love, and fear
Are going too fast
For words to explain, or a love to attain.
Instead, I give up.
"I can't"

"I won't ever," "I shouldn't," or "please forgive me"
Show no meaning of my heart.
Because words are just words,
And when lonely becomes lonely
It's just a kind way to say
"I'm not worthy."

Circles and mirrors both show you the endless...
For a circle is only one line sewn together,
A mirror is a reflection of the life you let wither.
Faint is the heart of a cord with one strand,
But strong for a while if combined to no end.

I can't, I can't, I will not.

-Jourdan Meyers, 'The Only'

3 comments:

Nadine said...

Oh JoJo, I'm so glad to see you are writing again. You are an amazing young woman of God with so much to offer. Love you and keep it up - you're doing great.

Lisa-licious said...

Great poem! Is there anything you don't do?! You really are multi-talented! I always say "God gives everybody 'something'". You got extra!

Jessica said...

jourdan elisabeth!

wow.

i miss you, and.. YOU'RE AMAZINGG.

i love you so much and you are SO worthy.

hope this time is full of grace.

love you,
Jessica Lindsay, your sister.

p.s. your words are awesome!!!
I love the circle/line phrase!! BOMB.