Saturday, May 09, 2009

Mother To the Motherless







It was the most beautiful day of summer today. I woke up to the cleaning ladies vacuuming the rec room and the smell of bacon wafting from the upstairs. I love it when people cook breakfast!!! No, i do not do it for myself, i just like it when others do :)

It all started as a normal day...until the panic began.

It's MOTHERS DAY tomorrow!! My mother who works oh so hard to please us all deserves to be showered with all the best gifts. I love her. She keeps me going when things are tough, and always has the BEST advice. For anyone! She is like the mother to the motherless. People go to her all the time with questions about relationships, health (she used to be a nurse), and cooking. She's basically the best mom ever.

I know! Isn't it weird that I love my own mother so much?? I'M even surprised by it! I mean, I'm just a normal headstrong 17 year old girl with a healthy love of Gilmore Girls and piercings...I should have a horrible relationship with my mother. I should criticize her every move and talk about her behind her back with my friends. I should yell at her when things don't go my way and get mad at her for nothing. I should completely overlook the fact that she cooks me food and gets stains out of my white shirts. Yes, I should do all of these things. But I don't!!! Well, I try not to anyways :)

I L O V E my mother. If you've seen Gilmore Girls, I like to think of our relationship like Rory and Lorelai. Of course, sometimes we have our days when we fight or whatever, but for the most part we get along.

So tomorrow is Mothers Day and we usually cook her breakfast in bed and let her lounge around all day. Her only "thing" is that she doesn't want to have to cook for all of mothers day. So that's what we usually do! But this time I want to get her something special!

I get my mom and grandma to come up to town with me and we walk into a cute little clothing boutique. She looks at this cute white dress and goes "oohhhh that is cute!" SOOOOOO, i make her try it on even though she tries to tell me it's too expensive. What do you know, it was gorgeous on her! It's like a little white fairy dress that you can wear at the pool over a bathingsuit or something. Totally cute!

So i buy it for her :) I absolutely love buying gifts for people, it pushes ALL of my happy buttons! I am so excited for Mothers Day now, I can't wait for her to be able to flaunt it at the pool!!

So mother, if you're reading this, I LOVE YOU! You are the best mom in the whole wide world. No, the whole frickin wide universe plus all the planets and crap. I don't know ;) You're just great.

XOXO
Jourdan

4 comments:

Lisa Proffitt said...

You are 110% correct about your mother. I have known her since before you, little Jourdan, were born...so I speak with authority into your life...you have the best mom around. Honor her (as you obviously already do!). You are lucky (VERY) lucky to have a mom/daughter relationship like you do. It is rare in this world. Cherish it forever...keep it alive...you will NEVER regret it! Love ya, lil' Jour!
Lisa

Danni said...

Ah, Jo! I love you and I love your mom! I love that you love your mom! I hope my little ones and I have as great of a relationship when they are 17.... :)

Nadine said...

Jo Jo - you're just the cutest and sweetest. I'm sure your mom will be blessed by this post and your gift. I think she feels blessed because of all of guys.

Jessica said...

Adorable. mm SOOO true!! I love you too Mommy. Awesome post Jo..

love!!
Jessica