Saturday, May 16, 2009

Before's After's and Lots of Paint

The sharp smell of paint fills my house and you cannot escape it no matter where you go. Upstairs, downstairs, kitchen, or bathroom; you will always be smelling paint. That's what happens when you decide that you don't like the color of the walls and every single wall is the exact same color. Do you know what that means? It means you have to paint every single wall, or at least a bunch of them with a color SO distinct that you won't remember how ugly the previous one was. So that is what we are doing! Me and mom, working hard, sporting the paint tee and cutoffs. It's a really good look.

Want to see photos??

Here are the before's:



















































Yeah, like a sandstorm right?? I think my dad really puts it best..."it's like a sandstorm just blew through the entire house and coated every single surface. The carpets are sandstorm, the walls are sandstorm, even the dirt outside is sandstorm...you just can't escape it." So we did something drastic.

Drum roll pleeeease!!!

dun dun duh DUN!

The afters: (not the band, although they are quite good...)






































































And this one is just a cool painting we hung in one of the niches in the hallway. I just really like it, is all. Oh and by the way, the little cubbies next to the mantle are currently being painted with a chocolate brown, but they aren't finished yet! Just imagine... :)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I like your style girl...

(ahem...I'd better, right?)

Tishy said...

I have been reminded after reading this, that God has his ways for everything.

I moved to Arizona about 2 years ago. I disliked the area so much, I moved back to Washington 3 months later. Surprisingly, one of the deciding factors for not staying... was the lack of color! I could not bare to see the hundreds of shades of tans any longer! (I think your dads description is perfect!) I missed Washington's ugly yet quirky choices of paint colors on the houses, the unattended to highways and the graffiti that decorated them... all traits and features of the Tri-Cities I now ADORE! I NEVER thought I would miss this place, but its personality was enough to bring me running back.

What I admire about you and your family, is that you took something you didn't quite like and you gave it your own personal touch; you brought that Arizona a little something from Washington, making it your own. There is value in simply painting a room and bringing it to Life.

I guess it just demonstrated to me how God works. That what one person couldn't do, another could. I couldn't find it in me to stay down there for more reasons than just this. But its awesome to think that somewhere down there someone is taking on the sandstorm and painting a room a beautiful wagon red! You go girl!

I just got really excited when I saw your pictures and had to encourage you to keep on painting! It does take drastic COLORS at times! And it seems to me that we share something in common; a need for something bright in the midst of the bland. So keep it up, bring some LIFE to that place, and I look forward to seeing the chocolate brown make its appearance, please do post more pictures!

Give your mom a hug for me.

Much love!

Rechelle ~Walnuthaven Cottage~ said...

Holy cow! What a huge difference a little paint can make! The red is dramatic and I really like the tones of the dining area.
How are you liking those walls now? The color before was a bit drab but now there's personality and life on those walls.Bravo!