Sunday, May 03, 2009

Seize The Day







I guess it's Poetry Week here at Saving Grace, I just can't stop writing! Hope you don't get too bored :) I had this weird creative bit that lasted about 24 hours the other day, so I just typed up a bunch of random stuff and saved them as drafts. I thought I might as well share them!!

I've been thinking a lot lately about who I will become in the future; what I'll be doing, where i'll be living. It's all such a jumbled up mess, that the best way I process is through poetry. Sitting at the piano bench, frantically scribbling down chords and melodies - things like that. Creativity must stem from hardship, because I've never written so much poetry and music in my lifetime!!

This is my heart:

I want to go to Ireland, I want to be a singer than influences people all around the world with the music I play, I want to be an artist that travels to unknown lands to put on canvas or paper the things that no one else has seen. I want to be someone who is worthy of the term 'influential'. I want to run and skip and adventure through wild countries and mountains, in search of who knows what. I want to build a house just how I'd like it, with prophetic artwork and furniture and rooms that actually mean something. I want to live upstairs from a cute little bakery and cafe in a small Italian town where all the 'regulars' come to visit at 8:00am...Newspapers, reading glasses, and old familiar faces. I want everything that happens from now until I die to mean something. This is bigger than what will I do this summer...it's bigger than the immediate, but definitely not limited to the long-term. I don't know what I'm talking about. I guess I just want to matter. I want God to look down on me with pride and affection, I want Him to be able to say "well done my good and faithful servant". It's all about making a difference.

Most people don't hit this point in their lives until mid-life, or whenever they decide that everything they've ever done is 'meaningless' (from Ecclesiastes). I am ahead of the curve, I'm already dissatisfied with the petty, the normal, the steady homemaker lifestyle. I want something more!! I was created for more...wasn't I?



"I can't feel anymore...

All of the stuff I used to know,
Things that used to be important.
They all fall away

They don't want to be a part of me anymore.
That's okay, I understand.
I wouldn't want to be inside of me right now either.

I have no life, no one to hold
Not a single friend to call my own.
I wish I could stay in comfy-land forever.
But that wouldn't be wise, considering the weather.

He told me it would get rough,
He said it'd be hard...
But sometimes I'd rather face the weather
Than see what I've become through my heart's broken shards."



I think this one will eventually be put to music...



"Roaming, Roaming
Carefully searching
For someone who cares
But he's not even there.

Ranting, Raving
Political exclaiming
It all seems so petty
Wouldn't you rather get ready?

Be careful, He said
For the winds, they'll keep changing.
You must be on the lookout or
Life won't keep waiting.

Take it! Run.
Run so fast, you can fly
If winds will not take you
Then try till you die.

If love is a fast song
Than play it a new way
Forge a new path...
By force, seize the new day."


Now go share a cup of coffee with a good friend, and laugh about things that have happened in your week...Get happy! Enjoy what life has for you and never forget to 'run with the wind'. (No Pocahontas reference intended)

:)

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Pocahontas reference noted.

i'm proud of you.

Keira said...

If you want,try you best.You can!